• The Bethany College Board of Trustees meets on campus Thursday and Friday, Feb. 16 and 17. If you see a trustee, please thank them for their efforts.
• As you may know, the Lindsborg Kiwanis Club was among those who stepped forward in 2016 to revive Lindsborg’s Fourth of July fireworks show. The club’s involvement was key, and we all appreciated its help. The club also contributes to civic and youth projects locally and globally. On Saturday, Feb. 18, you send a little love back to the club by sitting down at its fundraising pancake feed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bethany Church education hall, 320 North Main Street. Free-will donation for all the pancakes you wish to eat. Beverages and sausage also will be served.
• A refreshing young energy is reverberating through the Smoky Valley. Small towns crave it, and we are so lucky to have it. That’s we’re calling to your attention two upcoming opportunities.
1. A mingling opportunity hosted by Mid Kansas Coop for Young Professionals McPherson will be at the Sundstrom Center. That’s 5:30- 7 p.m,. Tuesday, Feb. 21. The purpose is to connect people, especially younger workers.
2. A mix and mingle will be hosted by First Bank Kansas and Smoky Hill Vineyards & Winery for Smoky Valley Young Professionals. The event will be in the bank's lobby in downtown Lindsborg. That’s Thursday, March 9, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Anyone of any age may attend; a special outreach is on for those, say, 18 to 45ish. Your encouragements will help.
• Looking for recommendations on improvements for your business Facebook page? Try www.likealyzer.com. (Hat tip Betty Nelson, Lindsborg Community Hospital)