• Still a few tickets remaining for Bethany Home's annual fundraising dinner and silent auction at the J.O. Sundstrom Center on Friday, Mar 10, $35 single tix, $60 for two tix. 6 p.m. beverages, 7 p.m. dinner. It's a chance to support full-circle living and an historic place of care in our valley.
• Also on Friday, Mar 10, it's Makers Street 2nd Friday art walk with demos, activities and snacks. Get the full list downtown, then mill around town from 5 to 8 p.m. and be inspired by makers from near and far.
• On Saturday, Mar 11, the Lindsborg Hospital Auxiliary has us covered for biscuits and gravy breakfast by donation. That's 8-11 at the Senior Center. Call for carryout. Also score fine baked goods and chances to win a juicy pork bundle.
• • •
Lindsborg is fortunate to be associated with Grandmaster Timur Gareyev, whose star is rising in international chess circles for his ability to play simultaneous games of chess -- blindfolded. In fact, he's landed on the cover of an influential chess magazine lately. GM Gareyev teaches and demonstrates at the Karpov Chess School in Lindsborg, a great education tool and attraction. We cheer you, GM Gareyev!
Yikes! Almost forgot this important weekend reminder: Please expect many families to descend on our community for wrestling tournament this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Mar 10-12.
• Look for the influx to start Friday night for weigh-in at SVHS from 6-8. Please expect some families to look for local dining options that night.
• All day Saturday, it will be sub-district wrestling involving 400 wrestlers and their families. The first match starts at 9 a.m. and final match at 4 p.m.
• Then all day Sunday, it will be 400 wrestlers and their families for Kansas Middle School State Championships. Events are sponsored by the Smoky Valley Wrestling Club, which couldn't do it without valley-wide support. Thanks to *everyone* who is making Lindsborg an attractive hub for wrestling and families!