• Lindsborg Våffeldagen returns this Saturday, March 25, with hot waffles to eat and spring greetings from roaming Waffle People. Guides to dining options can be found at downtown merchants.
• Also March 25: the grand opening of Rendezvous Adventure Outfitters at 113 N. Main Street. Owners Rick and Julie Bodenhamer are offering samples, drawings and more, so if you have not been in to say hi and welcome them to Lindsborg, it's an excellent day to do that.
• That day, also please cruise by for complimentary coffee at Blacksmith Coffee Shop sponsored by our friends at Nex-Tech Wireless, a Kansas-based firm and local supporter of good stuff. Say hi to Lindsborg's own Chandra Ackerman.
• Have you heard that Lindsborg will welcome its 34th wild Dala horse at the new Auburn Pharmacies location across from Scott's Hometown Foods? The unveiling is planned for Saturday, May 6, during a grand opening party at the new Auburn location. Auburn is inviting all of us to propose names for its wild Dala. Enter up to three names by March 31 for a chance to win bluetooth speakers.Official entries at the current Auburn location. C'mon, Phrasemakers of Lindsborg! We know you're able to name this Dala.
• Were you proud of Lindsborg while leafing through the spring issue of "Explore Lindsborg," a special advertising section about our community published last weekend by The Salina Journal? It is the most successful special section of its kind produced by The Journal. On salina.com, the section logs 16,000 page views, more than double that of other special sections. Extra paper copies of the section will be distributed at the this year's Kansas Sampler Festival, as well as in local businesses as long as they last. Warm thanks to advertisers who help carry our community message; also to Erica Green and her talented cohorts at The Journal. Big thanks to Tricia Clark at the Lindsborg CVB, who writes the lion's share of the stories, organizes photography, and helps CVB director Holly Lofton set the agenda for the section. (Did you read in the special section that Lindsborg's median age is an enviable 37?)
• We invite you to "like" the Lindsborg Landmark Concert Series Facebook page. The series, founded by trumpeter and Fuqua Insurance's Mike Dreier and sponsored by local and area organizations, is in its second year. The first Landmark Concert of 2017 will be a Jazz Walk in downtown Lindsborg on Friday, Apr. 7, starting at 7 p.m. Major sponsorship is by the Lindsborg Arts Council. We'll offer details in a future News and Notes; however, we encourage you to make plans now. It will be a night to relish and remember with friends and family. And free of charge? Yes. (Local retailers, you're gonna want to plan for later hours, BTW.)