During part of this morning's Ad Hoc discussion, we began to take stock. We recalled the stated objectives when the Ad Hoc working group first began meeting five years ago. Here they are:
• elevate The Lindsborg Experience on the street and inside businesses and organizations
• build communication among and about Lindsborg
• connect with Bethany College
• build and expand an operating relationship with the Sundstrom Conference Center
• upgrading areas behind business properties
• working together and communicating with customers/visitors on downtown infrastructure improvements
• establishing and working from a year-ahead calendar
• generating ideas about how Lindsborg can attract more working artists
Although we will continue to re-evaluate, it does seem that a fair number of these remain works in progress. In fact, Ad Hoc is looking for new ways to convene with any organization that makes strategic plans -- not just with Bethany College and the City of Lindsborg.
In any case, we count as progress the simple practice of talking with each other at a regular time and place and in a positive and open-ended fashion. Five years of that has helped us all in ways that never could have been predicted.
What are challenges and opportunities in your world? How can sharing objectives and posing open-ended questions to your colleagues, staff and the public help identify ways forward?