Bethany Football celebrates its third annual Mom’s Weekend next Friday and Saturday, Oct. 27-28. Coordinator Joslin Hubbard, spouse of Coach Paul Hubbard, has grown this event every year; between 80 and 100+ football moms and mom figures are expected to take part. Go, Joslin!
Adding to the excitement: Bethany Swedes play long-time rival Kansas Wesleyan at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28. The Swedes go into the game with a 5-2 record and near-full stands at home. So it will be a colorful and busy weekend all around.
Anyone can celebrate players, their moms and the football program. Here's how:
1. Chip in a gift certificate or merchandise for raffle baskets. (No need to wrap; we will put baskets together.) Items will be raffled off at a reception at Sandzen Gallery on Friday night with all proceeds benefitting Bethany Football.
2. Donate items for swag bags -- flyers, coupons, or trinkets. Joslin and crew will put them into bags to be handed out to moms. We will need 100+ items.
3. Donate a monetary amount. Checks to Bethany Football. Money will help cover the cost of meals, reception, t-shirts, and general spoiling of our mommas.
Businesses, please send Joslin your business name and hours of operation next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. She will make a flyer and encourage ladies to check you out. If businesses would be able to remain open until 8 p.m. Friday, that would allow moms to shop. Please let Joslin know about that, too. And finally, please show your BC colors this weekend in windows, outdoors and inside.
Deadline is 3 p.m. Thursday, 10.26.17. Contact Joslin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 785-317-1768.
• This coming Wednesday is Ad Hops Wednesday, y'all -- 5:30-6:30 p.m. 10/25 at The Stuga. The Ad Hoc Roundtable gathers every fourth Wednesday with no agenda other than kicking back with friends and associates. Everyone is welcome.
• Info is being shared Ad Hoc-style in new strategic planning discussions among Lindsborg's major employers and key human service organizations. The object: share the strategic plans in various organizations and discuss whether parts of these plans may benefit from partnerships. Corey Peterson, Becky Anderson, Mike Dreier and David Hay are involved in these discussions -- wearing Ad Hoc hats and /or other community hats. More to come.
• A reminder: The leaves, they are a' fallin', and we know it takes village to properly dispose of/compost them. Bottom line: Please gather leaves for removal to composting sites. Please avoid blowing/sweeping leaves into gutters. Please avoid using downtown area trash receptacles for leaf disposal. Composting is the answer.