Three cheers went up this morning for the newly graduated Bethany College Class of 2018 and the SVHS teams competing in state finals. Nothing makes this community more proud than the quality of education here and successful students of any age.
Cheers also went up for the second year of “We Care in the LBK,” a grassroots effort to deliver sack lunch meals to children this summer. Last year, about 25 children were fed. This year, “We Care” has 45 names, meaning 90 lunches are delivered each Friday this summer. If you’d like to sign up to donate prepared food items that can be purchased during your regular grocery shopping trips, go to the “We Care in the LBK” Facebook page and follow instructions or ask questions. Deliveries of this items go to Nex-Tech Wireless downtown. If you prefer to chip in cash instead so that supplementary supplies can be purchased by “We Care,” there is an account established at First Bank Kansas. Warm thanks to all the volunteers and donors who make this effort possible. If questions, check in with Meg Dauer at Jay Jensen's American Family Insurance downtown or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While our friends at Nex-Tech Wireless are serving up a customer appreciation BBQ from 11-2 Friday, June 1, they will also be collecting donations for Lindsborg's annual fireworks show. Thanks for that, Nex-Tech! Donations also are being accepted *at any time* by David Hay at First Bank Kansas. After many years away, fireworks came back to Lindsborg again because you asked and because of local support. (Also it happened because of important collaborations among David Hay, Bethany College Athletics, Robert Ahlstedt and Ahlstedt Fireworks, and the Kiwanis Club of Lindsborg.) Let’s do this again in 2018, everyone!
Ad Hoc finalized its goals for 2018-2019, to wit:
• help the success of the J.O. Sundstrom Conference Center, especially with mid-week events.
• encourage Bethany College connections as well as connections among larger local institutions.
• create and support cost-effective ways to share word of living, learning and visiting Lindsborg.
• expand the Ad Hoc Roundtable circle of involvement and information sharing.
• improve the visual qualities of Lindsborg’s public spaces, including the amount of seating in commercial areas.
• encourage positive energy and belief in the effectiveness of informal networks.
Of course, Ad Hoc interests are often shaped by the people who are around the circle. We always welcome you to sit in.